Unlike most other American directors, Joel and Ethan Coen have always been interested in depicting failure. Their new film, Inside Llewyn Davis, takes such an unblinking look at humiliating defeat.
via Facebook http://jacobinmag.com/2013/12/the-great-american-losers/
- 2 Homeless People Needlessly Died During DC’s Cold Snap | The Nation thenation.com/blog/179398/2-… 1 hour ago
- RT @SauloCorona: No Police, No Cry: #MayDay in #Turkey baskahaber.org/2014/04/no-pol… v @baskahaber http://t.co/EHRd5FPkS5 | #1MayıstaTaksimdeyiz #… 1 hour ago
- Ukraine: separatists refuse to end occupation despite Geneva agreement | World news | theguardian.com theguardian.com/world/2014/apr… 2 hours ago
- Stay the distance comrades. Shame the Russian Army doesn't have your courage. theguardian.com/world/2014/apr… 3 hours ago
- The metropolis, money, and abstraction | The Charnel-House thecharnelhouse.org/2014/04/18/the… 3 hours ago